Wednesday 16 May 2012

Beauty: Lara Stone by Josh Olins


Whilst going through my daily feed of current fashion photography I was mesmerized by this beautiful portrait of top model Lara Stone (above). Though many consider her not conventionally beautiful by the gap in her teeth and porcelain skin she has managed to take the fashion world by storm; her ability to transform herself into anything. I believe Josh Olin has captured natural beauty in the photo alone and all the details such as the adorned embellishments amount to an enchanted fantasy. Her direct gaze is what I find most fascinating especially the expression in her eyes. This photograph is powerful yet soft at the same time and I believe images that possess a balance between the two are the most compelling.

Lara Stone is photographed by Josh Olins and styed by Gillian Wilkins for Vogue Nederland May 2012


More photos from the shoot:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...